Vietnam exported over three million tons of cassava in the first 11 months this year, 3.5 times higher than the figure of the same period last year, said a report of the General Department of Vietnam Customs on 29 Dec. The export volume of cassava, which has become one of key agricultural export items of Vietnam, presented turnover of 520 million U.S. dollars, up
55.6 percent year-on-year, said the report.
The increase in both export volume and value was due to the increasing demand from foreign markets as cassava can be used to process animal feed and produce ethanol-blended petrol.
During this period, China was the biggest importer of Vietnamese cassava. China imported 2.77 million tons of Vietnamese cassava, accounting
for about 90 percent of Vietnamese export cassava volume.
The other big importers of Vietnamese cassava included the Republic of Korea and the Philippines.
- 01/11/2011 - Bulgaria's export grows by 47.2%
- 01/11/2011 - Textile and garment exports likely to earn US$13 bil in 2011
- 01/11/2011 - Plastics exports to reach 1 billion USD in 2010
- 01/11/2011 - Vietnam will export two million tons of rice in Q3
- 29/10/2011 - PetroVietnam exports 32,000 tons of crude oil
- 29/10/2011 - VN exports 1.85 million tons of rice in Q1
- 29/10/2011 - Vietnam's tea export hits 32 mln USD in first two months
- 29/10/2011 - Long An Exports Total $1.4Bln
- 28/10/2011 - Tea exports reach $36 mln in Q1
- 28/10/2011 - Agricultural, seafood exports up 3.1%
- 28/10/2011 - Wood exports likely to exceed 4bln USD in 2011
- 28/10/2011 - Rice exports rise more than 70% in first quarter
- 27/10/2011 - Woodwork exports hit US$1.7 billion
- 27/10/2011 - Export turnover of agro-forestry-fishery products hike 12.8% in April
- 27/10/2011 - MoIT expects US $70 billion export revenue in 2010
- 27/10/2011 - Samsung Vietnam posts $1 bil cell phone export turnover
- 27/10/2011 - Cashew sector aims to earn $1.4b in exports
- 27/10/2011 - rice exports reach 1.85 million tonnes in first quater